Job Type: Full - time
Hourly Rate: £11.50 to £13
Jordan and Tim, who opened Trullo together in June 2010, have long dreamed of having a pasta bar that served the best hand-rolled pasta with authentic, slow-cooked Italian sauces; together with a small number of exceptional wines coming straight from the barrel, an Italian cocktail list and a few of their favourite ice creams, pastries and sourdough bread, produced on site.
A Chef De Partie at Padella, should have a comprehensive knowledge of the seasonal British and European produce used at Padella. Along with an understanding of the traditional Italian cooking techniques utilised and how they make our pasta unique. Experience making pasta it’s desirable but not essential. An important priority will be to understand, appreciate and safeguard Padella’s recipes and cooking techniques, while at the same time identifying areas where we can improve. This is the perfect opportunity for an experienced chef de partie looking to take the next step within a growing business.
As a Commis we are looking for one of you lovely Chefs to join us, this is the perfect opportunity for an experienced commis chef or demi chef de partie, looking for their next step up.
What we offer:
- Career development opportunities
- Internal Padella training
- UK suppliers trips - e.g. Neals Yard Dairy, Padella Bakery, Cobble Lane Cured
- Staff trips to Italy, Scotland and more to meet our suppliers
- Wine qualifications at to WSET level.
- Large discounts on food and drink at both Padella and Trullo
- Summer and Christmas staff parties
- 45 hour working weeks, always having two days off per week.
- Quality Staff Breakfast and Dinner provided.
- Working with driven, friendly individuals who make up a fantastic team!
- Having good personal hygiene
- Following the HACCP procedures as detailed in the Kitchen Manual
- Being personally responsible for the health and safety of you and others around you.
- Previous experience and preferably in high volume capacity is desirable
- Attending all Health and Safety training Padella requires.
- Organisation, timekeeping and cleanliness of your section and all kitchen areas.
- All menu items must be checked by the Chef before prepping, cooking, storing or serving any menu items.
- Exceptional team working skills Willingness to learn and delivering an exceptional customer experience
We look forward to hearing from you!