The Junior Sous Chef should have a comprehensive knowledge of the seasonal British and European produce used at Padella, along with an understanding of the traditional Italian cooking techniques utilised and how they make our pasta unique, experience it’s desirable but not essential. An important priority will be to understand, appreciate and safeguard Padella’s recipes and cooking techniques, while at the same time identifying areas where we can improve.
- Strictly follow, enforce and update Padella HACCP procedures.
- Responsible for writing/ supervising the rota.
- This is to include understanding holiday and request procedures.
- Purchasing, Maintenance and Servicing of Kitchen Equipment.
- Enforcing/following ordering and invoicing procedures.
- Using GP and Wage Margin trackers to achieve margin targets.
- Setting, supervising and delivering on Overhead targets
Making sure the recruitment, training and appraisal systems are followed so that we get the best candidates and take them through a thorough and comprehensive training.
Understanding and enforcing the Padella Hierarchy Structure: Empowering individuals to improve their performance by fulfilling their role that they can progress up the chain of command.
Building good team moral – this is achieved when senior staff lead by example and practice what they preach. The Sous Chef will be responsible for ensuring the correct work ethic and demeanour by senior members of the kitchen team.
Jordan and Tim, who opened Trullo together in June 2010, have long dreamed of having a pasta bar that served the best hand-rolled pasta with authentic, slow-cooked Italian sauces; together with a small number of exceptional wines coming straight from the barrel, an Italian cocktail list and a few of their favourite ice creams, pastries and sourdough bread, produced on site.