Padella Head Chef
It’s time for us to start adding to our amazing teams, we pay well, we have great training, you’ll join a fun and professional team, you’ll enjoy benefits and perks and you’ll come on insane food, produce and wine trips in the UK and Italy; and you’ll have a laugh doing all of it. So, we’re looking for Head Chefs and Sous to join our team.
Padella is all about making exceptional pasta available at an affordable price.
Our ﬁrst restaurant opened in Borough Market, London Bridge in 2016 and No 2 opened 2020 in Shoreditch, Phipp Street.
Padella is an award-winning restaurant owned by the Trullo duo; Jordan Frieda and Tim Siadatan. Trullo, their first ever restaurant has also celebrated it’s 10th Birthday last year.
We hand-roll over 700 portions of pasta every day, serving fresh pasta dishes with traditionally made sauces using only the best seasonal British and European ingredients we can get our hands on. We cut no corners - whether it’s baking our own bread and tarts, churning our own ice cream or hand-ﬁlling our ravioli.
What we’re looking for:
As we grow, so does our team. We’re looking for experienced Head Chef who love food, training staff, building a strong team, loves ingredients and passing on the knowledge
‣ Experienced. You’ve worked and you thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with at least 3 years’ experience in a senior management position, with a strong financial understanding of how to run a profitable business and control costs
‣ You get people. You have outstanding staff management, motivation and communication skills. You have a proven track record in developing and growing your team. You have a deep understanding of appraisals, the onboarding process and the importance of looking after staff.
‣ You remain calm in the eye of the storm. You’re resilient in the face of adverse situations, you can diffuse and solve situations promptly, taking control of the issue and supporting your team.
‣ Team Player. Sounds obvious but teamwork is truly the foundation of Padella’s culture and everything we do impacts each other. We’re looking for people who understand this and naturally use their initiative whether it’s going the extra mile for a customer, colleague or different department in need.
‣ You are passionate about food and talking about it, have a natural interest in ingredients, where they’re sourced, what’s the supplier’s ethos about their products and how you’ll translate that into a great employee and customer experience.
Beneﬁts to you:
It’s important to create a great place to work- a place you can grow, learn new things and build a career. Working in a restaurant with such high standards can be challenging so we really care about investing in you.
‣ Competitive salary + 28 days holiday.
‣ Exciting career development opportunities as we evolve - we encourage internal promotions.
‣ Extensive internal training – we support staff growth with thorough development + progression plans.
‣ UK supplier’s trips - e.g. Neal’s Yard Dairy, HG Walter, Cobble Lane Cured.
‣ Staff trips to Italy to meet our suppliers – last year we visited Sicily, Bologna + Pescara.
‣ External Training – E.g. WSET (Level 2 + 3), public speaking + English courses
‣ Fantastic discounts on food and drink at Trullo (65% off) and Padella (50%).
‣ Summer and Christmas staff parties.
‣ Staff meals and drinks on duty to keep you going throughout the day.
This is a wonderful position at an incredible time in our story, if you would like to part of the story. Please get in touch by emailing [email protected]